Iron Maiden madness!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mimsy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

A blogger I follow on the gaming website Gamespot has decided to write a series of Iron Maiden reviews. It's more of a discography, with just a short review of each album, but as an intro to this great band it's off to a very good start. As a tribute to one of of the greatest metal/rock icons of all time, it's even better. Since I love Iron Maiden's music (admittedly mainly for the lyrics and guitar riffs) I thought I'd try to recruit more followers by posting a link to Part 1 of the Iron Maiden reviews. It covers their first five albums, and has two of my personal favorites: The Number of The Beast, and Powerslave.

If you want to comment on the blog, you need to sign up, but the site should let you read without forcing anything.

I must now go clean up the tags to my Iron Maiden collection, so they start to play and sort properly on my Sansa Fuze. :guitar

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, interesting to hear Vincent Price do the intro to'
    The Number of the Beast'

Well, not bad.:)

3. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Come on, that's the best!!!!

"Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast."

"For it is a human number."

4. Mimsy

No, no, no... the best is listening to them performing it live in Helsinki, and have the entire crowd recite that part. :)

5. the mekanic

OK, OK, I can't deny that...

Y'know, your pic kinda reminds me of Kelly LeBrock.

6. Mimsy

Kelly LeBrock...? It's Modesty Blaise! :mad

Just kidding :-D

7. the mekanic

You're funny!!!!!!

8. augiedoggie

I'm confused!:p:-D

9. the mekanic

I'm flirting!! It's a beautiful thing, sort of like, eatin' ain't cheatin'... :p

10. Mimsy

You are? :confused

11. the mekanic

Nah, just playin' w/ Augie a bit. Unless you'd prefer I did :-o This is the lounge, after all. Soco and lime on the rocks, anyone?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  12. Mimsy

Hey, I'd rather you play with augie than with me... Being married means I'm not supposed to flirt with you anyway. :p

I will pass on the SoCo, since I have Stoli vodka over here... but I do have lime and ice, if you want some?

13. the mekanic

Yeah, just my luck. The good ones are always taken before I come along. :cry And, thanks muchly for the offer on the citrus, but as the mekanic and a former Boy Scout I'm usually well prepared! :major Remember, take only that which you need to survive...

14. Mimsy

That means the hair dryer MUST come with. I cannot live without it! :p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  15. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

16. augiedoggie

Thanks a lot Mims, what will my grandkids say?:confused:p:-D

17. Mimsy

I have no idea. Shouldn't you be more worried about what you wife thinks? LOL

18. augiedoggie

Nah, her mind has been made up for a long time already about me and nothing will sway her!:-D I just want to spare the grandkidlets from the trauma of an online relationship with the member.rolleyes;):-D

19. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

My claim to fame is that I went to Uni at the same time Bruce Dickinson was there. Saw him play in his band the Shots there too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds