Document viewer msi

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberchick, Mar 9, 2008.

1. cyberchick

cyberchick Private First Class

I have windows xp (came with pc, so no disk) with this I run my HP all in one printer. I had a blip with the printer when it stoped printing only to find the usb had been un-plugged. I had kept trying to print and think this caused the problem I now have with the document viewer msi.
    As the pc starts I get this message

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the "Document Viewer" disk and click ok "

The thing is I have no idea what disk is being asked for, any idea's!
    Many thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its likely to be the HP driver CD that came with your all in one printer, on the CD will be a folder called Document Viewer and in that will be a file called Document Viewer.msi install that as it seems yoru software may have gotten corrupted.

If you dont have the CD, then goto HP support and download the HP Full Feature software/driver for the all in one ( they tend to be around 200+ MBs ) you have.

3. cyberchick

Many thanks Halo,
    I will have a go at that later today and let you know how it goes, thanks again for your quick response.:)
    Cyberchick

4. cyberchick

Mission accomplished,:) did as you suggested and all went according to plan.
    Many thanks Halo for the help and thanks once again to the majorgeeks site who have once more helped to solve my problem.:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds