Auto. Opening of Mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by JamesWRMJ, Feb 16, 2004.

1. JamesWRMJ

JamesWRMJ Private E-2

Hello:
    I'm using the latest OE & Windows XP Home Edition. When I access OE by clicking "Read Mail", the program automaticly goes to my inbox & downloads the mail. But it also opens the mail one by one until there is no more. Is there a way to access the list of new mail without opening any? I want to review the description & sender's information before I select mail to open. And the unwanted mail could be deleted without opening it.
    On another front, my OE is blocking all attachments. However not all attachments deleted pose a hazard. What do I do about this?

James

2. redskydawning

redskydawning Private E-2

Open OE...View Menu...Layout...Uncheck "Show Preview Pane" and Tools Menu...Options...Read Tab...Uncheck "Automatically Download Message When Preveiwing". You should then only see a list of your messages and you can open the ones you want or delete those you don't without opening first.

Open IE...Options Menu...Security Tab...Uncheck "Do Not Allow Download and Opening Of Attachments" (do this at your own risk).

Hope this helps...

3. JamesWRMJ

JamesWRMJ Private E-2

Oe

Thank you. I'll give your advice a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds