Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Discussion in 'Software' started by silas, May 22, 2009.

1. silas

silas MajorGeek

I got a question. I was using it on friends computer. And I see it says in how to use it.. to just click the "quick scan" how come not the full one? I found 150 items on his computer so far on "full scan" should I stop and not do it or why do you guys just say do the quick one?

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

The quick one scans the most common places and for active viruses, the full one scans all .exe files (unless you tell it to scan ALL files in preferences). It's probably best to do a quick scan to start with and then a full scan afterwards.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

I'd recommend a full scan after installing this software. Then I usually do a full scan monthly and a quick scan (bi)weekly. It really depends on what the user's surfing habits are and if they're downloading from safe websites or not.

Got to admit that I'm very security conscious.

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

Well he was going to put his credit card number to order something.. SO I was just cleaning stuff and tring to make sure its as safe as it can get atm. Thanks tho.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds