I can't connect to the Internet - wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sosaman, Apr 18, 2006.

1. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

ok, i am working on my neice's computer (at my house), and all it has is dialup. i have dsl at my home, wired and wireless routers. anyway, i tried hooking up the computer thru the usb port (installed 2wire drivers), and it wouldn't work. i thought about it for a while, and wound up hooking up my linksys wireless usb adapter, and it won't work either. so, at this point i'm stumped. basically, with the linksys adapter, i can connect to my network, but i just can't access the internet with anything (browser, or software programs to do updates). i've attached a few screenshots below.

the computer is an older compaq, windows xp pro (but it's labeled windows me).

also, there is no network card in the back of the computer, that's why i'm doing the usb thing (which should work). - thx, sos

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds