My Computer powers up and all the fans but will not boot up and keeps beeping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kchao21, Oct 24, 2005.

1. kchao21

kchao21 Private E-2

I just recently had a virus and did a system recovery, so my computer was fresh like new but it seemed slow.... so i opened it up to change the drives, i put back my original drive and turned it on and it just kept beeping.
    ....beep...beep....beep...beep its an annoyence please help

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

This is a shot in the dark but check to see if your memory is seated good in the slots. Also make sure the jumpers are set correct on your harddrive and check the cables. Also tell us what all you did before this started to happen so we can better understand your problem

3. TrndAssassin

TrndAssassin Private E-2

if you dont have video...check the video card...that always seems to happen when a video card goes bad...like when I over clocked my 9800 pro till I basicly melted it "Whoops":eek:

4. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Those beeps are POST codes and they will tell you(90% time) what is the problem go to the mobo manufacturers website and look for POST codes for your particular model#.

sounds like something got loose or unplugged -- start w/ the basic mem hd then build up from there to discover the problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds