Two installs of XP, want to boot one from within the other.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Irongrave, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Irongrave

Irongrave Private E-2

The subject says it all.

I have a bunch of music composition software on one install (Primary partition, second hard drive) and a normal install for gaming, web browsing, etc.

How can I boot one from within the other without having to create a new install?

I've only briefly looked at Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, but it seems to want to only use its 'vmc' files, thus forcing me to create a new install. I reallllllly don't want to do that if I can help it, as I have a ton of VSTis and other such

Any ideas?

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

If I understand the question correctly, ie you are in XP and you want to open another version of XP within your current version of XP like running another program such as word, then the answer is you will not be able to do this in my opinion without the risk of massive corruption to your o/s.

If I have misunderstood your question then perhaps greater clarity is required in respect of what it is that you want to do.

Good Luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds