Google Updater Service

Discussion in 'Software' started by arcticblast, Aug 8, 2008.

1. arcticblast

arcticblast Private E-2

Hello

does anyone know if there is anyway to uninstall
    Google Updater Service (gusvc)?

I do not find it in my startup programs so I have been stopping the process
    but it keeps restarting itself.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

do you have anything google related that you can remove (google toolbar, google desktop, etc) ? or maybe in the options of one of those programs, you can disable updating?

are you certain that its google updater and not something else?

4. arcticblast

arcticblast Private E-2

I have google earth and uninstalling that will uninstall googleupdater, which I did and the next day it was back again <shrug>

5. arcticblast

arcticblast Private E-2

yes I am sure it is googleupdater

6. arcticblast

arcticblast Private E-2

Yes that helped thanks :)
    although none of the suggested ways on that page worked. It is not listed under remove programes in the control panel nor the other two ways to get rid of it....however it did give me the idea of trying to change googleupdater through the services control box from automatic to manual and that has worked and so far everything else works too.

thanks for you help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds