Need help finding DVD & CDROM drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by thealu, Apr 23, 2004.

1. thealu

thealu Private E-2

I can't find drivers for my DVD ROM: Creative PC-DVD 1610E
    and my Rewritable CD-ROM: LITE-ON LTR-401255

I have searched the internet for several days and can't seem to find either. I'm on Win 98SE and am currently running the 98SE default drivers for both of these.

Can someone help me locate these two drivers? Or are there other compatible drivers I might be able to use?

Thank you so much for any help. I really appreciate it.

thealu

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Most optical drives are straight up Plug & Play. If there are no drivers that came with the drives, and none on the drive maker's website, there probably aren't any.

The DVD drive needs a DVD player installed to actually support DVD, but otherwise they should work out of the box.

Are you having problems with them, or just wanting the latest/greatest drivers?

3. Floober

Floober Private E-2

I have sort of a generic drive. The computer thinks that it is a Lite-on LTR 40125s. The driver software it came with is machine specific Nero. I am not sure that it is a very good drive as i found your post while doing a
    troubleshooting search. Email me your address and I'll send you a copy if
    you like.

4. Skull6

Skull6 Private E-2

What OS are you using? If it is Micro$oft, have you tried doing an online update? (You need to use the "custom" settings on the Micro$oft update site, as that way you'll be sure it looks to see if those drivers are present.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds