Why wont Fable open??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Misconductorian, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Misconductorian

Misconductorian Private E-2

Hey everybody i just finished installing Fable and whenever i try to open it it asks me if i want to start it in safe mode and when i click and answer albeit either one the game good black like its loading the game then just goes back to the desktop and i just installed a brand new Ati AIW 9800 pro so i know its not a lack in the video card department so im lost as to what to do and i NEEEEEEEED to play my fable so anyhelp would rule ppl THANKS!

2. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

What are the other specs of your system?

3. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

You might try updating your video drivers.

4. Misconductorian

i have a AMD athlon64 +3000 512 mb of ddrram. and even thought i just installed my vid card like yesterday would i still have to update my video card drivers to get it to work?

5. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Yes, because when you buy a new card most companys bundle it with older drivers.

6. Misconductorian

hey all im pretty sure i downloaded and installed the latest driver for my Ati AIW 9800 pro and it still does the same thing
    ive also tryed setting the screen resolution to something smaller and it still just flickers on the screen and then asks me if i want to continue in "safe" mode anyone got anymore idea id absolutly LOVE to hear them thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds