RealTek Sound Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by badversion, Sep 10, 2008.

1. badversion

badversion Private E-2

I hav a Problem with my sound driver!!

i formatted the PC and after wen i was installing the Drivers da electricity went off......in da middle of da sound driver installation ......so nw....!!!i cant re-install it as i get some error....nor uninstall ...neither i can update it !!!!so Da sound is juz locked up..and so.........no sound.....!!!!!

Mother board - D945GCNL

Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.80Ghz

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Do you mean you can't uninstall the bad driver's and then just reinstall them?

What OS are you using?
    Is this an OEM PC? (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) Post the model, if it is.

3. badversion

badversion Private E-2

yes u said it right i cant uninstall da bad driver's so i can't even install da proper drivers!!

my OS is XP SP2

Nope.......its an self assembled PC......!!!

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You have Realtek HD and that can be a bugger to uninstall.
    These next steps should unload the driver and get it to uninstall, then install fully.

Reboot into your BIOS and disable the onboard audio.
    Boot into Safe Mode and go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Realtek audio drivers.
    Reboot back into safe mode. Go to Device Manager, in the menu (at top), select View/Show Hidden Devices and delete any of the Audio/Multimedia devices.
    Reboot back to safe mode. Make sure the devices aren't listed.
    Reboot again to BIOS and enable the onboard audio.
    Boot into Windows and cancel the Hardware Wizard.

Now install your chipset driver:
    [FONT=Arial,helvetica]Chipset: INF Update Utility for IntelĀ® Desktop Boards[/FONT]

Install your audio:
    [FONT=Arial,helvetica]Audio: IntelĀ® HD Audio Controller - Realtek* Codec[/FONT]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds