I need help with a project

Discussion in 'Software' started by Adrynalyne, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I would like to setup something for my wife so that I can organize her call memos by month, week and day.

For example, I would like for her to be able to look on Monday, of last July and be able to see who called, etc etc. I would also like her to be able to query, say by last name, and for it to bring up all results its finds.

I am thinking that MS Access would be best for this job, but I have no idea on how to even begin.

Anyone have any pointers I can use?

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Why not use a calendar program and just insert them into the program, most calendar programs have a search function...

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Because there is a lot of information per call.

Seems to me a calendar would less than adequate for that. She wants to be able to type as much notes as needed and have it look oragnized.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

She is a realtor, btw. So I am trying to make it professional.

5. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Well usually calendars have little titles and you click on themk and you can type as much as you want...

Wait, is this going to be online? Why would you put memos online?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I never said I was putting memos online...did I miss something?

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The only problem I see with calendar programs is that she may want to share this with others.

Outlook calendars can be shared, but not without Exchange. Ideas?

8. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

"She is a realtor, btw. So I am trying to make it professional."

I thought why would it need to be very proffesional for home use, anyways, I gotta comfort my dog before he breaks down a door, I'll talk in a little

9. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

I truly wouldn't try to program one, just use a tool online or mod it, too much trouble with writing one, security, debugging, writing it, etc...

10. Tater

Tater Tot

I would recommend Access for that. As for where to start, there are many tutorials online and the Wizards are pretty good in Access® (I took an online courses thru a local community college). I'm gonna do a google search for a pre-made real estate set-up. I'll post if I find one.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

12. Raider

Raider Private First Class

If you are willing to go out and buy something consider a program called Phone Slips. I occasionally do work for a lawyers office and that is what they use. Their database goes back years and they can pull up a call several different ways.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Raider, what does that run, cost wise?

14. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Oh I recognize this program, looking at the screenshots. I set this up on their network. I don't think anyone uses it though, they dislike it. They have the 5 user license, I believe.

I am doing this as a personal project for my wife, she is not happy with doing this in Word or Excel. I am just looking for something that I can throw together to help her out. It doesn't have to be something extravagant, I just want to make something nice, and impressive :D

16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds