HP Restore - How to?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheepondrugs, Apr 21, 2011.

1. sheepondrugs

sheepondrugs Private First Class

Hi people,

I have a laptop (HP Compaq 610 notepad pc - Windows 7 - Home - 32bit)

It has a 15GB (hidden) partition named "volume hp_recovery"

I have searched for hours looking how to restore the laptop (wanting a clean format/restore)

I press F11 on boot up and it just goes into safe-mode (no Hp options)
    I have tried software (hp software says there is no restore image)
    Windows says there is no restore image either.

Ideally, I'd like to use HP restore, before deleting the Hp partition and installing windows 7 manually.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks!,

Chris

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Copied from somewhere on the web:
    1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
    2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery (all data saved). After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

Or to perform a destructive recovery, (***This will erase all your unsaved data!***)
    Click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
    After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

Or
    Reboot, and repeatedly press F11. Follow on screen prompts.

If this doesn't work, you haven't got a useable recovery partition and need to buy/borrow a disk.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

Is the computer still running the current OS? What HP software did you try? (I'm trying to figure out if you have burnt your HP recovery discs.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds