Help "Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bryant, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bryant

Bryant Private E-2

I'm trying to use an automotive painting program that I installed a year ago. It worked before, but now I get this notice 'Executable C:program Files\Digital Paint Booth\House of Kolor_2-car.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\common files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll)

So, I installed a new updated version of my painting program and it still says the same thing. I'm using XP. I did a search here and someone mentioned Microsoft Defender. I didn't find it in my computer, so I don't know if that applies. I'm not too bright with computer terms, so be patient with me.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What version and service pack XP are you using?

It could be a few things, from missing or corrupted Visual C++ to missing Microsoft .NET

As for Defender check this location c:\program files\windows defender\MSAScui.exe.manifest if you have this file in bold in that exact location delete the file only.

3. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

4. Bryant

Bryant Private E-2

I can't find windows defender in my system. How do I know what version of XP I have?

5. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Start…Control Panel….System Properties…General (tab)

Did you look in the “Add or Remove Programs” (also in the Control Panel)
    For Defender

6. Bryant

Bryant Private E-2

Looks like I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 with service pack 3. I looked in Add/Remove and didn't see defender there either.

7. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you install the two applications I linked to in post #2? as at times it not as easy as copying a .dll to its rightful folder as other components maybe missing and the said dll may need registering.

9. Bryant

Bryant Private E-2

I loaded the things you recommended and it still didn't work. I contacted the manufacturer of my paint program and they were already familiar with the problem. They said it was related to me using Acrobat Reader 7 or something like that. They got me fixed up. Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds