dsl and takes a long time for internet to sign on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kat1234567, Nov 14, 2008.

1. kat1234567

kat1234567 Private E-2

i have dsl, and when ever i am done using the internet and close everything out, then try to sign back on or if i have not been on the internet for a while and then click to sign on it takes a really really long time, like say a minute or so, and with dsl it should sign right on and come right up, but it doesnt,

what does this mean, is there somethig causing this, i have firefox, dont know if you need to know that, but yeah, help would be great, thanks

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

there could be several reasons why the connection is slow but you need to provide more information on your system and setup so the experts can give you a conclusive answer.
    What type of computer do you have?
    What programs are running in the back ground,(virus, firewall, ect.)?
    Is there a router in line or are you connected directly to the modem?
    Have you scanned for malware?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds