internet doesnt work after switching users

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rkbiker89, May 18, 2005.

1. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

i have an optimum online box connected to my desktop via ethernet. for windows xp i have 3 users that can sign in. whenever one of them is on and it goes to screen saver, and if another person comes and chooses a different user, the internet doesnt work. the LAN thing in the bottom right hand corner says its connected but the internet doesnt work. and when i switch back to the original user, the internet doesnt work too. i have to restart the computer for it to work. does anybody know how to fix it?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'd almost bet that if you uninstall your firewall, it would work.

Sounds like some of your users are limited, and not all firewalls play nicely with such settings.

3. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

yeah i think thats why also but i also want to keep my firewall. do you know any free firewalls that work with all users? because im using sygate personal firewall right now and it only works with the first user that logs on.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, I.m not 100% familiar with Sygate, but when I used it, I liked it.

Can you configure it, for each user?

Maybe what you should do is, uninstall the firewall, make every account an admin, install the firewall, for all users, then set account permissions.

5. Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil Private E-2

Norton Personal Firewall, and Norton Internet Security 2005 work great with multiple user accounts. I didn't even have to configure...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds