Hotmail Parental Permission

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shawarma46, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawarma46

shawarma46 Private E-2

I Upgraded My Hotmail Account. But Since Then ,every Time I Want To Access My Account That I Have More Than 5 Years ,i Got A Page That Ask Me For Parental Permission.but I Am 30 Years Old And I Am Not Living In America.
    So I Need Help To Reactivate My Hotmail Account As It Was Before.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

In upgraded you mean you pay for the Hotmail Plus service?

I would goto Account Services then Account Information and double check you DOB to see if its correct, if under a certain age ( 12 iirc ) it does prompt for PG.

3. shawarma46

shawarma46 Private E-2

thanks halo for your respond
    No I didn't pay to hotmail.I made some changes in my profile, wich one of them, is the country i put it as united state and for no reason. Since then i need parental permission to access my account. The problem is they ask me for credit card number or id to prove that i am an adult while i am not an american. i don't know how to go back to my profile and put my original country again or to change my age.
    i tried to access the link you gave me they ask me for parental permission to

4. DavidGP

Had a bit of a read up on this and as the Parental Controls are in place to stop a child form accessing certain parts of the MSN network, you are in a position where you will to re-set your account have to use a credit card to establish your age ( they do not debit your account but but a quick hold on $1 until the verification is complete then its removed ) or contact MSN or create a new MSN hotmail account.. the latter which I gather you wouldnt want to do?

SO best advice is to contact MSN and tell them of your problem http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?p...=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

5. shawarma46

shawarma46 Private E-2

Tahnks Again For The Respond
    The Problem Is I Found A Way On The Internet To Increase My Hotmail Account By Registering It In United State. But I Didn't Pay Attention For The Age And It Seems I Used An Under 12 Age.
    So I Can't Use Credit Card Because I Do Not Have One And I Can't Send Any Oficial Paper Because I Am Not An American.
    I Contacted Msn And They Told Me To Do One Of The Previous Mentioned Solutions. Thats Why I Am In A Deep Problem

6. DavidGP

I have no new ideas for you sadly.

One solution that I came across was from 2002 when their may have been a loophole in which you could creat a new Hotmail account and when trying using the childs one to access it would ask you for a parents email addy in lieu of the Credit Card or ID info in which you could use to reset or change the settings to the childs account.. but I would imagine this route is well closed now.

7. shawarma46

shawarma46 Private E-2

HI HALO
    WHILE I WAS SEARCHING THE NET I FOUND THIS SITE:http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/05/22/000522opswatch.html
    WHERE THEY HAVE A SOLUTION BUT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT THEY SAID :"we obtained "parental" consent using a bogus Passport account created with false information and a phony credit card number generated from a Windows 9x-based tool that any child could find on the Internet."
    IT WILL BE GRATEFULL IF YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THIS SOLUTION

8. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

While we would like to help you with this issue, attempting things like generating a credit card number, bogus or not would be illegal therefore it is something we at MajorGeeks can have no part in.

It would be in your best interest to continue trying to work through this with MS to see if there is possibly some other proof of age they will accept. A copy of your birth certificate, a drivers license, etc. but do keep trying to work with them. In the end you may need to just use the hotmail address you registered here with and give up the old one.

Thank you for understanding our position.:)
    AbbySue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds