Norton 2006 Live Update Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jaycjayz, Feb 18, 2006.

1. jaycjayz

jaycjayz Private E-2

As the title states, I have Norton Anti-Virus 2006. The problem is that Live Update does not automatically update. It used to, but hasnt for a couple of months now. In order for me to get the updates, I have to manually do it. I am guessing that the problem lies somewhere in my Windows Services (services.msc), but I am not sure which service is the problem, or if that is even where the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. jaycjayz

jaycjayz Private E-2

No, that is if Live Update starts, but does not complete. My Live Update will not initiate on its own. In order for me to get my updates I have to start the process myself. I have already searched the Norton website....did that prior to posting here. Any other ideas?

4. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

5. jaycjayz

jaycjayz Private E-2

The 2nd link may do the trick. I am attempting it at my next restart.

Thanks Maxwell:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds