Printing problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KegMan51, Aug 12, 2005.

1. KegMan51

KegMan51 Private E-2

Just installed and connected a new HP Officejet 5510 3 in 1 printer on a computer running windows 98. Everything works on that computer. I then shared the printer on the network and went to the other computer running windows xp and installed all the software and added the printer through the network. Ever since then wordperfect opens up really slow and when you go to print something by hitting print it takes forever for the printer options box to come up. It does print through internet explorer and notepad even though it takes a long time for the print options box to come up. Same thing with wordperfect but it takes even longer to print(if it prints at all). Any help would be greatly appreciated....

2. KegMan51

KegMan51 Private E-2

Anybody?

3. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Sorry m8, but i work with printers and sorry to break it to you but basically it is a crap printer. here r some user reviews

Needs Attention"
    As a computer technician, this wasn't the easyest of tasks.
    I did a job, they had XP home edition, with 56k dial up, so windows updates were not being done, and suchlike. The CD that came with the printer would not install, i got a software error.
    The way i over came this, is by ugrading the computer to Windows XP pro SP2, and doing all neccesary updates, once this was done, i had no trouble, printing and scanning, fax was fine.
    Just make sure your machine is upto date, is my reccomendation if you have this product.
    From Ali Revett, May 10, 2005

"God awful slow"
    The 5110 printer is so slow that is is totally useless. It takes several minutes for each page of print. I bought it because HP usually has great printers... this one is a loser and unusable if I want a print out the same day as I hit the print button.
    From David Haynes, March 02, 2005

"Recall Now"
    Was easy to in install works
    good but has a flaw that is built into it, should have been
    recalled. The reason it is noisy is its fast but the supporting cast is weak. There are two gear that will go out and send a error paper/carriage
    jam. You can read the user manual in French,Spanish or
    English still does not change
    a harware weakness, after it
    breaks good luck trying to find the 5 cent plastic gear
    just send it in so they can
    use it for a trade in. That is when I am sure the nickle
    gear appears.
    From John R, January 23, 2005

"hp 5510 streak printing and no receive fax"
    I also have had many problems with the 5510 causing streaking print using the document feeder. I can clean it using a long q-tip and water but it takes several swippes to get it clean. Also now my fax quit receiving faxes. Luckly I bought a 2 year warranty-- but this is my third replacement. 2 with printing problems and this with fax problems.
    Don`t buy this model if you are looking at it.
    If you do, get a extended warranty, you will use it
    From jack ditto, January 11, 2005

"Good but streaking problem"
    A month ago, I would have given this unit two thumbs up, but in the last few weeks, it developed a problem that seems chronic. I've had it for about seven months. A few minor problems installing on one (older) machine - no problem on two others. Printer works great, but recently I've been getting a streak down all documents that are scanned and faxed from the machine. Cleaning doesn't help. I notice another person in forum section had the same problem...
    From CMB, January 06, 2005

I'm not 100% convinced it is a networkable printer, this could also b your prob. try it again on the 1 pc. also the printer only has 1mb of ram so it is going to b slow anyway.

4. KegMan51

KegMan51 Private E-2

I'm thinking its not networkable, because i went onto the hp website and underneath the drivers to install it would say... not network supported.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds