Realtek Driver Problem in Toshiba M600

Discussion in 'Software' started by malgan, Mar 16, 2010.

1. malgan

malgan Private E-2

My laptop is Toshiba Portege m600, THere is a problem with the audio. The Volume icon in my taskbar has a "X" Sign and it says "no audio devices is installed".

I tried installing the Realtek driver for Win7. But it did not help.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Thank you

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I take it you do have Windows 7 installed on this PC? (only checking as you may have tried a Win7 driver on XP ro Vista for all I know)

Did this issue just happen, or have you just installed Windows 7 from a previous Windows version onto that PC, was this a clean fresh install or an upgrade from a previosu Windows version, if an upgrade then what was the previous Windows version (if XP then XP is not a supported upgrade route and a clean install is advised)

Any background info to how this occured can help us trace the issue.

But try these steps to start with:
    Check in the BIOS that the Audio device is enabled.
    Check in Service that the Windows Audio Service is Started and set to Automatic.

Check in Device Manager and tell us what items have if any a yellow ! mark by them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds