I am here finally! Wow what an awesome place to be!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by niceprtty, Sep 18, 2008.

1. niceprtty

niceprtty Private E-2

Ok well I am not new to the site but new to posts. I am a stay at home mom that never got to continue her true dream of living in the world of computers! I grew up in foster homes and shelters with, ugh yes it is real Attention deficit disorder or aka ADD.http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/wave.gif The only thing I ever could really focus on was computers. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/drool.gifOdd I know, but it really comes naturally. I always wanted to be a programmer of some sort. Enjoying anything to do with a computer I found jobs that required me to have computer skills. Almost in every aspect from excel, web design, and to making the blue screen of death to go away! Well I got married and that was the end of it. I wanted to go to a school of some sort so that I would have that expensive piece of paper that says I was an "expert" or "professional". Honestly though when I have a problem I can't fix. The "Experts" drive me nuts! They're resolution.... SYSTEM RESTORE! http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
    I never can grasp the technical terms to things so for me that's rough. I can't explain how I know how to stop your computer from restarting because of nt system error I just do it. For me it's like breathihttp://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gifng. I am learning a ton from this site as far as the technical words. Ha, I never new some of the viruses I was cleaning out had names. I just know what belongs and what doesn't. Don't get me wrong I am human so sometimes my brain freezes and forget how to stop the my computer file on startup or something simple.
    Because of my children my first and foremost job is raising them. Now they are in school and I am getting lip from the hubby to get a job or start charging for what I do. I tell him how do I ask a single mother/teacher who is raising 4 kids on her own to pay me to fix her computer. *** Off topic**Did I mention she had no firewall or any protection of any sort for 2 years! I was surprised it didn't spin around and spew green stuff at me! Yeah geek people told her buy a new computer! Can't fix yours mam. Well it took me a week but all better and NO SYSTEM RESTORE!! Back***
    So what did I do the last 4 years I collected old computers and bought some here and there and rebuilt for people who couldn't afford a computer. That was getting costly. I sell on ebay to make the money to buy them if need be. I am getting in trouble because that is not an income for our household. Now I do feel that this whole virus fixing thing could be an income! I know it can be I was 3000 miles away from home at an emergency family dying situation, and my laptop got hit with a virus. I knew what it was and how to fix it but had no access to another computer to do it. So I had to hire a "professional" to tell him what was wrong and how to fix it. You know he charged me $100 bucks and I just showed him how to get rid of a nasty virus that take 3 minutes to fix and he's probably still making money off of it. I told another man on the phone how to get rid of the xp 08 antivirus thingy. Hmm wonder how much I made him! I was looking for a real knowledgeable (ok GEEK) to help with my problem yesterday and well I am nice and shared what I knew. But I still had to pay $25 bucks for nothing! So on that note I LOVE this site. People don't see me and I can't be prejudged! God blessed me but pretty people can be nerds too! I am happy to share what I know and learn from what is here! I am so happy to be here! Oh yeah and Mr. Major Attitude you are amazing! And yes there will be question cause it is bugging me but that is for a later post. For now thanks for making this site available!

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

Congrats, You officially have the longest intro post:-D

You will find everyone here friendly, so have a look around and jump in anytime:)

Just one thing!

Using your email addy for a screen name is not a good idea:(

You are likely to be targeted by spammers:eek:

[​IMG]

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome :)

You don't have to use links for the smilies. Just click on them and they shall appear. ;)

4. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

I couldn't read the whole post LOL but a very warm welcome to majorgeeks :wave

5. niceprtty

niceprtty Private E-2

I noticed that how do I change it?

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Can't change it now. You have only 10 minutes to edit a post. Maybe some kind rolleyes mod, may change it for you later.

Technical words? Who needs 'em! Usually when answering a post I have to go through the steps myself, so that I can answer it properly..
    I'm like you, a click here, a click there, select that, and problem fixed. :-D

Welcome to MG.:wave

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

I have guessed at your user nick and deleted the last part which was the email @blahblah.com bit so hope thats ok :)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Halo to the rescue ;)

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Orrr...are you referring to my comment about the smilies not needing a link? :-D ;)

10. niceprtty

niceprtty Private E-2

No it was about the username. It's fixed thanks for your help!:)

11. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

Hi Niceprtty!! Welcome to Major Geeks. :wave

Oh, and I notice you got the smilies figured out. LOL :highfive

12. Valid Winter

Valid Winter Private E-2

Welcome to Major Geeks! Have an awesome stay. This site is amazing!

13. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

welcome to Majorgeeks valid winter :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds