Recovering files deleted by cut / paste ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jbullock, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Jbullock

Jbullock Private E-2

Ok here's the story I had some files I wanted to transfer from one pc to another. So I put files in my shared docs folder. I went to the recieving end cpu and installed another harddrive (The target for my files). I (via our network) cut and pasted the files to the spare drive on the other networked pc. Everything worked fine. Until I reinstalled the extra hard drive and found it's getting no power. So the harddrive crashed and my files are trapped inside.
    I tried using Restoration 2514 like I would if it was a delete from recycling bin. But there doesn't seem to be a record of the files at all. I also tried directory snoop and still no luck.I can't even find the file on the MFT. Is there a way to recover files that were deleted using the cut paste method? Short of physical hard drive repair. the files were less than 1GB each about 500mb to 800mb all of them.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I've always had good results with PCInspector File Recovery ...it's here on MG's (somewhere ....but it's p***ed my nap time so ....:) )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds