Restoring fonts to defaults in Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by thripston, Jan 4, 2009.

1. thripston

thripston Private First Class

My 4 year old daughter managed to find some key combo that has my faults appearing way too large in Firefox. I've tried altering them in the Tools>Options>Content tab and with the advanced options in Firefox but it never seems to stay that way for long. Does anyone have any idea what she did and how I can reverse it? If I knew what the Windows default keybind was to alter font sizes was that'd be a huge help as this isn't necesarilly a strictly Firefox issue for all I know.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ctrl key and mouse wheel will change the font size for the site you are on.

You could also try on XP: Close FF. Start>Run type in %appdata% In window that opens browse to >Mozilla folder/Firefox/Profiles/*****.default and delete localstore.rdf. Restart FF. I'm not entirely sure this will reset the fonts but believe it is worth a try. The file is recreated when you start FF so no harm done.

MarkTrent, a regular poster knows FF very well. He may be able to give you more detailed advice.

3. thripston

thripston Private First Class

That

Thanks mate

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

control zero will set to default control plus bigger control minus is smaller.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds