Supposedly My Ethernet Port Doesn't Work??? Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DannyZ, Sep 1, 2010.

1. DannyZ

DannyZ Private E-2

Long Story Short! I have a Linksys E1000 hooked up to my Dell Dimension 5150.

wired this way. Tower ethernet to port (1 out of 4) then the Ethernet Port on that same Router out to Cable modem (Westell Model 6100).

Problem is My Dell Dimension 5150 that is hooked up this way does not receive internet connectivity... BUT my other two computers WIRELESSLY One is a windows Desktop and the other Mac laptop DO... : (

I called Linksys and talked to them on phone for an hour and half and resulted with the ethernet port is acting weird or configurations in the Dell 5150 is not set right...

I pinged Yahoo, and it sent 4, received 4, and lost nothing.. ??? I don't know what that means, assuming I am connected BUT SOMETHING is blocking me from Actually opening up explorer and viewing any internet websites...

I just Downloaded This Driver r105478 and installed this driver, nothing!!!

Please Help... Thank again

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

(Public) Shame on Linksys!

Your Westell 6100 is a router.

So is your Linksys E1000

So unless you have set one to bridge mode you will never get a connection.

Linksys should know this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds