Grrr - Bing is annoying me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Caliban, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Just saw the new Bing pop-up...jeez...

:(

Attached Files:

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Did not know Bling was still around.

3. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I downloaded Cortana for Android to see if it was functional.

I remember 1-800-(can't remember) BING was better at phone calls than I-800-Goog (can't remember that one either) in the days before Google Voice.

Cortana is next to be removed. Search results are not relative, and the text is so small on my 4.7 inch screen these 51 year old eyes cannot read it. :confused

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Wow...that is incredibly obnoxious.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Its a scourge on search engines these, oh look where better or how go are we, Google do it a lot, hate having to X the popup ads in the corner, BUT I guess its the price we pay for a free service.

6. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

I remember I was searching for drivers for a ThinkPad. A Google search provided me with the Lenovo page as the first result.

I typed in the parameters to the address bar of internet explorer on the machine out of habit (my default search on any browser is google) and the first result which appears from Bing is an absolutely awful third party software site.

Bing has to be the least intuitive, most poorly developed search engine ever created. If it were a car, it would be a Yugo or quite possibly a '78 Dodge Challenger. :puke

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Microsoft had a superb search engine and part is in Bing and it was a viral ad in the main called Ms Dewey back a few years, it was superb but think the main stream search engines are one in the same, Google searches some things better than Bing and vice versa.

My tool of choice these days is http://yippy.com/ (used to be called Clusty and both are little known but superb) but its a full cluster search, can narrow search parameters down via the left list.

8. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Now you know why i use ad blockers for 90% of the crap that pop's up at random.I use Comodo IceDragon now it is pretty much the same as firefox but it is better at blocking a lot of this crap.

I hate ad's and i hate pop ups they both suck.

I have not had a single issue so far with Comodo IceDragon.

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

The only thing worse than Bing incessantly harassing to you buy stuff is trying to get rid of it. A user running Waterfox installed Bing and getting it out of the search engine list was stupid hard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds