Forceware 175.19 & 9600GT issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Aug 7, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I recently installed Forceware 175.19 which is the newest non-beta driver available at Nvidia's web site here. The install went fine and I rebooted when prompted. But after the PC restarted, I would get spontaneous reboots exactly every 11minutes 10seconds, or every 18minutes 40seconds. If I just let the PC sit after a spontaneous reboot, it would reboot again after 11m 10s. If I used it a bit, it would take longer, 18m 40s. These times are exact and did NOT change or vary. I checked the Event Viewer and there were no errors shown, just that the PC was restarted and that the event log had been restarted, etc. It drove me crazy for about 3 hours until I finally said to myself "the only thing that has really changed is the video driver that I updated this morning". I went to the device manager and used the driver rollback feature, and BAM! Everything was fine. Just curious, has anyone else noticed this? And what's the deal with times being so exact each and every time between reboots? :confused Very, very, very strange.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds