BSOD because of ndis.sys

Discussion in 'Software' started by axell, May 6, 2010.

1. axell

axell Private E-2

Im using windows 7 64bit ultimate, had BSOD while playing a online game but there is no problem occur when playing other games. I tried format my pc and it still BSOD with the same driver error "ndis.sys". Can someone assist me on this matter? :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

*other post was gone as it ended up in moderation then with a new post added to the thread it got stuck and couldnt be authorised, but managed to move this post out, if a post gets stuck in moderation, please dont add a new post or it may cause the same to happen, just wait a while for an admin to approve it.

What is the online game you are playing as if its only one game thats causing this, its not generally going to be anything wrong with Windows, but more a 3rd party application or add-on.

Do you run p2p applications in the background when playing online games? if you do its been known that uTorrent and likely others can cause this error, exit your p2p app and try the game on its own.

What is your PC make and Model if from say DELL, HP etc or if a home build PC whats the make and model of motherboard as it could also be an out of date network driver (do you use wifi or LAN)?

3. axell

axell Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Sorry for the double post.

Game that caused the BSOD is Return of Warrior - is a MMORPG.

I didn't run any p2p applications and I never install uTorrent.

My PC is a custom build PC, using Intel DG31PR motherboard with LAN connection. The network driver date is 2/26/2008, and "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up-to-date" when I tried to update it..

4. DavidGP

Hi

No worries on double posting.

Ok, that clears up that p2p apps are not interfearing, and cheers for the info on motherboard as Intel do list newer drivers than the ones you likely have installed, HERE

Just as its something I would do and it will rule some core drivers out as the cause, install from the above link the Chipset driver, then reboot (crucial you reboot) then install the lastest LAN driver which is 3/28/2010 version 7.017

You dont have Daemon tools or Alcohol 120 installed?

5. axell

axell Private E-2

Hi,

Installed the latest network card driver that is 7.017, but still BSOD after 5 minutes run the game. :(

Didn't install Daemon tools or Alcohol 120 on my PC.

6. DavidGP

Hi

Did you install the Chipset driver before the network card driver?

Is the Client version of the Game apatched to version 1110?

Try rigth click on the games shortcut and choose run as administrator, does that help at all?

If its as you mentioned just this game its not likely that in the main your PC is at fault, more likely to be the game, try the games developers support and see what they say.

7. axell

axell Private E-2

Hi, sorry for the late reply..

Last time I used windows XP and switch to windows 7 that installed the driver automatically.

Tried run the game as administrator but still BSOD.

I will try ask the game developers regarding this matter. Thanks for the assist and advice Halo. ;)

8. DavidGP

HI

While Windows can install the Chipset automatically as well as other drivers like graphics, it install basic ones and the official ones for your motherboard or chipset are always advisable to install, but I do think its the game at fault over your PC in this case.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds