Keyboard stops responding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tig70, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Tig70

Tig70 Private E-2

Hello all.

Having a problem with my ps/2 keyboard suddenly deciding to stop responding. I can unplug it, plug it back in, and it works fine. Usually get a system beep when it stops responding. Wondering if this is a BIOS problem anyone is familiar with before I start d/l'ing updates. Possible IRQ conflict? Didn't find any info on MSI website.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tig

System specs:
    MSI K7N2Delta-L
    AMD Barton 3400+
    1 gig Geil RAM
    HIS x800pro video card

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

driver problem? is the connection between the ps/2 port and your mobo alrite, my old mobo was dodgy and the keyboard and mouse ps/2 ports were very lose so i had to keep rebooting and reconnecting the keyboard and mouse and it worked! try that, if it is lose then see if you can find the lose bit!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds