Issues with Geforce 6600 GT graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by electroshockblues, Dec 28, 2004.

1. electroshockblues

electroshockblues Private E-2

Hi,

I recently purchased a Geforce 6600 GT and have experienced a problem with it. This problem occurs only when playing games. One of the games the problem occurs on is Deus Ex: Invisible War. The game crashes to a blue screen right after the main menu has been loaded. I see the Deus Ex: Invisible War logo and then the computer crashes and up comes the error message. The same crash occurs at various points in other games also (e.g. Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines), so I'm pretty certain it's not a problem with the game itself.

Due to the referrencing of the file nv4_disp.dll in the error message (written below) I think it's something to do with the graphics card. I've tried rolling back the drivers to previous versions but the graphics card will simply not accept them and it demands that I re-install the ones that came on the CD. I have, however, succesfully downloaded and installed the newest drivers (66.93) and the graphics card has accepted these. The problem, however, is not solved by installing these new drivers.

I have also installed the newest drivers for my Soundblaster Live! 5.1 sound card and installed Windows Service Pack 1 but none of this has helped remedy the problem.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 1700 (1.48 ghz)
    768MB of DDR RAM
    Geforce 6600 GT 128MB

Operating System: Windows XP

Here is the blue screen error message I get immediately after the main menu is loaded:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent any damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:nv4_disp.dll

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware ir software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowning. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F to select Advanced setup option, and select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE249ADC0, 0x00000001, 0xBFB25EA5, 0x00000001)

***nv4_disp.dll - Adress BFB25EA5 base at BF9B8000, Dalestamp 415C782f

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Hi electroshockblues welcome to MG. Have you tryed using Driver Cleaner 3.3 to remove previous old display drivers before installing the new ones? If not please download newest batch of drivers and leave em on desktop; use DC3.3 to clean *any* display drivers* n install the new one. You need to provide more system info IE mobo and drivers/bios version

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds