GMail

Discussion in 'Software' started by homedudegino, Feb 16, 2008.

1. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I have been trying to get rid of Google Gmail.
    I was able to do so by going to settings...accounts....google account settings.....edit.....delete GMail.

It was successful.............. Gmail came back on it's own, and since I unsubscribed have no way of getting into settings etc without being able to log in.

Any advice????

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

What do you mean "get rid of"? It is a web-based email, so unless you choose to access the sign in webpage, you shouldn't be getting to Gmail anyway. Screen shots perhaps?

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

The sequence here does match the sequence of screens when logged onto Gmail via web browser. How long ago did you do this? Perhaps the deletion of the account does not take effect immediately.

What do you mean by, "Gmail came back on it's own"?

4. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

Thanks for the response.
    I am using Firefox, and this problem started after installing the google toolbar.
    When I try to send an attachment in my comcast e-mail
    I right click and it says "send to/ email recipient" the Gmail comes up

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  5. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I was able to delete the program a few weeks ago by going to the Gmail site.....
    settings.....accounts......google acc settings....edit....delete Gmail

This got rid of it temporarily but now it's back and I can't get into the site

6. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I sometimes can't send attachment without first saving to desktop, and then sending from there.
    When I send to "mail recipient" Gmail pops up, and since I previously deleted it I can't send it in Gmail or in my comcast mail either
    How do I get rid of Gmail as default
    I have comcast mail as my default mail

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I know you're using Firefox, but I wonder whether Gmail could be set as default email program in Internet Explorer and that's causing some problem. I know it doesn't make sense, since you're using Firefox, but no harm in taking a look and changing it if necessary.

Why not uninstall that toolbar? Then, if the problem is resolved, try installing it again if you want.

8. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I have uninstalled it both in IE and firefox

9. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I am using comcast.net as my server, and comcastmail as my default email

10. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I am using comcast as my home page,and comcast mail as my default email
    Not as a pop.
    An example of my problem just occured when I tried to use the email button on SNOPES

11. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

I am using comcast as my home -page and default email ...not as a POP

An example of my problem just occred when I tried to use the "send email" button on SNOPES it went directly to Gmail

12. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You mean the button titled "Contact Us" at the top of the page? That just leads to http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/comments/webmail.asp . It does not involve an email client; it's just a form on a web page. So, your comment about SNOPES doesn't make sense.

13. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Oops, i overlooked that button.

My hunch is there may be a fix for this by editing the registry, but I don't actually know what the fix might be. I see mention of registry keys related to email in various references on email, such as: http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/26808/26808.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297878 but I can't claim to have found the correct fix for this problem.

14. homedudegino

homedudegino Private E-2

No
    In the area below that with the options "email this" " Print this"
    "advanced search"

15. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Right, we know you're talking about the "email this" button. That fact has been established. Steve_East9 pointed that out to me and I acknowledged it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds