looking for a program that Capture text from your screen.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Om3n, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Om3n

Om3n Private E-2

I'm looking for a screen capture program that can convert the displayed text to editable text. I have a scrrenshot that shows what O mean here

http://www.structurise.com/images/sklepto.gif

this is from Kleptomania, But I'm not really happy with that program so I'm looking for a similar, anyone know of one?

2. calcnerd

calcnerd Private E-2

not sure. i'd just use photoshop

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

4. Om3n

Om3n Private E-2

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. free aswell, me like...

EDIT: checked it out was not totally what I ment. I'm looking for a program that can extract the text from let's say "My Computer" so that I will be able to past that text into a text file. It's hard to explain but check the screenshot again for more info about what I mean, thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  5. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  6. BozUriel

BozUriel Private E-2

Are you looking for a directory printer and that's all? Something to capture the directory structure and files contain there in to a txt file? The gif you link to is that but I'm not sure if that's all u want.

If it is, try JR Directory Printer, v 1.2 is latest I believe.

xttp://www.spadixbd.com/freeTools
    Hey Maxwell, SnagIt is $40 USD, looks good but have u tried it yet? just wondering.

7. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

I haven't tried SnagIt but I know of its good reputation, i.e., recommended to me by a friend.

8. paulnjean

paulnjean Private E-2

Every time we tried to capture text using the Snagit we got a messge saying "Unable to capture text, please try to use use the input clipboard option." We wrote to the Snagit Co. asking what the "input cllipboard option" was, so we could "try to use it," but they kept on ignoring the question until finally we gave up. We followed the Snagit instructions for text capture completely and to the letter, but still it would not work, and no info from the technnician as to why. Abandoned it.

9. paulnjean

paulnjean Private E-2

Regarding the "Screen Hunter" mentioned below, we also checked that out and can tell you it does not appear to offer text capture at all. It will capture but ONLY as a graphic file, not as a .txt file, which Jean and I think is what the other fellow, and certainly us, are seeking.

10. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

you could allways just use "dir" in the console

11. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

the proggy from the anitmated gif is kleptomania
    free for download here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds