Firewall Settings HTTP port 80 HTTPS port 443 FTP port 21 error message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikesal373, May 18, 2009.

1. mikesal373

mikesal373 Private E-2

Hello all. I was talking on skype and lost internet connectivity while talking. I received the error above (Firewall Settings HTTP (port 80) HTTPS port 443 FTP port 21 error message). I am running a laptop with windows XP and IE 7 and my antivirus is AVG and I also have Ad-Aware.

I'm not much of a computer person but I did some research online and tried a few things: I turned off the option on skype's advanced settings for it to listen on Port 80 and then rebooted. I also ran a command, 'netstat -aon' and did not find a listing of 1270.0.1:80/443 or 0.0.0.0.80/443 which seems to imply that nothing should be affecting port 80 or 443.

I also downloaded firefox and it cannot access the internet either. The only way I'm able to access the internet at the hotel I'm located at was to call the hotel's tech support and they had me go into the LAN settings of internet options and manually select port 8080.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds