dell dimension 8300 multimedia audio controller driver for windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by BradyLaw, Oct 8, 2010.

1. BradyLaw

BradyLaw Private E-2

I just purchased windows 7 premium 32 bit exc. I am running on dell dimension 8300 with a NVIDIA GForce FX5200 graphics card and it took me about 10 hours to get my sound working and Warcraft 3 to recognize my DirectX 11... So I will post the whole story since all day I spent looking through forums, I got a bunch of advice that did NOTHING for me.

FIRST: GO TO START>ALL PROGRAMS>WINDOWS UPDATE and make sure everything is up to date, I did all 3 of these steps and everything started working so I will list everything I did.

SO to make warcraft 3 work I made sure my DirectX was updated to 11, which is compatible w 7, then I made sure my Graphics card was up to date. (see if it is up to date by clicking start>run>type: dxdiag.) That will bring up what Graphics card you are running and the version, download whatever necessary update there is from the net.

Come to find out my NVIDIA GForce FX5200 had no driver update for that specific video card that worked on 7... Researched everywhere and no one had the answer.. SO, for shits and giggles I tried the Vista version update of that video card, and IT WORKED. THANK GOD.

My sound ended up working without me having to buy a new sound card like everyone said I would... I just did the windows update as I first states. Updated my DirectX and Video Card (Vista Version since they didn't have one for 7) and my sound worked and Warcraft 3 finally recognized my DirectX 11... PAIN IN THE ***. I hope i can save someone for the hours of torture I endured.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, BradyLaw.

Thanks for the info, and welcome to MG. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds