Online Armor: how to stop balloon messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrsgarde, May 20, 2008.

1. mrsgarde

mrsgarde Private E-2

I installed online armor, and when Im on messenger, it keeps popping up just notifying me that I am connected. it does this with other programs too, and its really annoying. can I turn that off somehow? its not the screen that askes me if I allow or decline the connection, or whatever, its just the little balloon that pops up above the icon in the task bar.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Right click on the little blue & white shield in the system tray down by the clock. In the menu that opens, click Configuration (it's at the very top). Now, I have attached a screen shot to clarify this next part, not really because it's confusing, I just like screen shots :innocent First, select Options (identified with purple in the screenshot), then click the Firewall tab at the top, and then uncheck the box that I've identified with red in the screen shot. I'm pretty sure that will do it. If not, you can try visiting the Online Armor forum. I paid 'em a quick visit but I'm too busy (or lazy?) at this particular moment to do any detailed searching, so I'll leave that up to you.
    I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

:major
    [dlb]

(here's the link to the Online Armor support/help forum for the free version; I guess they have a separate forum for the paid version http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15 )

Attached Files:

3. mrsgarde

mrsgarde Private E-2

Thank you! If it DOESN'T work, Ill let you know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds