Samsung Nexus S - no Market connection

Discussion in 'Software' started by mathilda, Jan 6, 2012.

1. mathilda

mathilda Private First Class

I have a samsung Nexus S cell phone and for some reason when I try to open Market - the google apps program - I get a message 'no connection - Retry' - everything else works, I get my emails and texts in OK and can open my installed apps. Can anyone help me with this please
    Thanks
    Tilly

2. DeadArtic

DeadArtic Private E-2

Is it rooted by any chance?
    I take it you are trying to connect to the marketplace over WiFi.
    Few things to try and concider:

• Does the router have a internet connection, you may want to check on other devices that are connected to it to see if they can accutally acsess the internet, and try reconnecting to it.
    • Basic phone restart.
    • Try disabling Data network Mode by holding down the power button and pressing it so there will be a line aprearing through the icon.
    • Clearing the market place cache. Settings --> Apllications ---> Manage applications --> All(Tab) --> Market then press clear cache and clear data

If all fails try connecting over Data Connection Mode but it can be pretty exspensive if you don't have a data plan. On average it's about £1.50/$2.30 per MegaByte!

3. mathilda

mathilda Private First Class

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had already posted to say I had solved the problem, but looks like my memory is slipping!
    It was a wifi problem!

Cheers
    Tilly

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds