Frequent disconnects from internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TimtheTerrible, Apr 4, 2007.

1. TimtheTerrible

TimtheTerrible Private E-2

ever since we got a new ISP and router we have had frequent disconnects... what it does is it disconnects everyone currently connected for a split second. if ur just surfing the net it has little to no effect, but if ur gaming online it disconnects u from the servers. i eventually noticed that it happens more often when more than 1 person is connected to the net.

my guess is that it is overloading the router and the router kicks everyone. if u can confirm or deny this plz tell me, and if this is the case do i just need to purchase a router that can handle more traffic?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

start with your isp, check to make sure lines and all are good. Then lets find out what type of router you have.

3. TimtheTerrible

TimtheTerrible Private E-2

Dlink DI-624... and we have 3 comps hardwired to the router... none wireless. and what do u mean by check my isp? is there some specific info i should gather about my isp? or do u mean just check my connections find out my upload and download speeds etc etc.

4. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

I got this problem also im using a linksys router bump please help

5. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

6. gimpster123

gimpster123 Bring out the Gimp.

if you think it may be your router, connect directly to your modem and see if the problem is still there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds