Found New Hardware Wizard

Discussion in 'Software' started by c1cdj, Mar 20, 2008.

1. c1cdj

c1cdj Private E-2

The Found New Hardware Wizard in my Windows XP Pro pops up every time I reboot. I've not installed anything new. Is there a way to make it stop? :confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It's not necessarily coming up because something new was installed; maybe something that's always be there was uninstalled, either by mistake or due to some anomaly in Windows. Check your device manager for any question marks or exclamation points. The new hardware wizard can also pop up due to changes made in the BIOS.

3. c1cdj

c1cdj Private E-2

Checked the device manager.
    Found: ! Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter (I have no idea what this is)
    ? Unknown device (there are 6 of these yellow question marks)
    I've not installed anything that I'm aware of and not done anything to the BIOS.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It has to do with ipv6
    This might fix it:
    Open the add new hardware wizard, select one TUN adapter device with the yellow exclamation point. Go through the troubleshooting wizard, get to the list of compatible devices and install a compatible TUN adapter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds