Stroke survivor

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by katloverlynn, Jul 18, 2012.

1. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

I recently had a stroke which has mauled my handwriting and I have difficulty following instructions; I'd dearly like to register for your forums, but I don't know how. Thanking you in advance for your patience, Regards, Lynn

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI Lynn

WOW I have to first off say, well done you for pulling through the stroke and I wish you a good recovery.

As for registering well you have already done that as you have posted this message so you are registered on the forums and with 16 posts from Jan 2010 onwards :)

If you need any assitsance is navigating the forum or just want to know where to post your question on computing then pick the most apt topic heading like Hardware, Software, Malware and if all else fails, post in this welcome area and we will move it for you to the best area to get an answer.

If you get stuck, do not fret, just post a help thread/Topic in the welcome area and we will assit you as best as we can.

Regards
    David

3. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

Thank you so much for your lovely welcome and I hope to be in touch soon. I'm sure as a result of the stroke I'll have many 'DUH' moments and will be looking for your assistance.

One thing, how do I post an avatar ~ Regards, Lynn

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

At the top of the page, click on UserCP, go down to Edit Avatar.:)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Lynn, I have DUH.... Homer moments every day and I work with and train doctors! so your DUH moments are likely to be a PITA for you but a welcome relief for me and others who just want to share the computing knowledge with others... so its a DUH moment for all, but if you bring DUFF Beer then all will be fine ;)

I really would not worry about duff moments, if you have a question post way as I or one of the admin team here will pick up your post and help you as much as we can so you get the right advice.

6. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

Thanks for showing me how to display my avatar ~ Regards, Lynn

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Lynn! :wave

8. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

Tell me lol, Regards, Lynn

9. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Welcome to the forums Lynn. :wave
    Glad you are with us.

10. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

Thanks muchly, Regards, Lynn

11. katloverlynn

katloverlynn Private E-2

Stroke survivor/change

I'd like to congratulate your Mother on her survivor skills, however, not all strokes are the same. I barely have typing skills (hunt and peck), which would have been 120 words per minute, my handwriting is almost non-existent; luckily I have a good cyberfriend who will explain to me what is going on, without that I'd be almost lost. I/was a graphic designer ~ Regards, Lynn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds