Random Crashes, Now Unable To Even Start Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sophia, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Sophia

Sophia Private E-2

My computer has been randomly crashing for while now, well not so much crashing, as freezing. Every once and awhile the whole thing would just stop working, and I'd have to restart. It was never at the exact same time, or stretch of time in which it would crash, it would be very random. Some times it would happen twice in two minutes, or some times for not two days.
    Anyway, just a few hours ago I got a very strange error. The screen went blue and all it said was "Hardware failure, please contact your vendor." So I restarted and it worked for a few minutes, then once again I get the error. Now this time when I start up I get a message that says “We're sorry that Microsoft crashed, blah blah blah, Microsoft will start up in 30 seconds” Just the standard error start up message. When the time reached 14, half the screen turned to gibberish, and it froze. It's behaved the same way now every time I start it up. Help!

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

It sounds like your motherboard is dying on you, You might want to buy a new one or exchange it if it's still under warrenty.
    Also if you can get into safemode you might want to try to scan for viruses and spyware.

3. J3D

J3D Private E-2

dude why would the first assumption be the motherboard? ...
    first thing I would check is heat..
    but I've had random crashes from hardware errors eg. a RAID controller card died
    try another HDD in there or maybe format yours and reinstall the O/S and see if you still have the same problems. Take it step by step , then you you make sure its not overheating because that causes random restarting and freezing...
    too many things to consider before you can conclude that the motherboard is playing up

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds