Securety certificate expiration

Discussion in 'Software' started by _drudwyn_, Apr 6, 2006.

1. _drudwyn_

_drudwyn_ Private E-2

This was the only place I could think to post this after looking everywhere for it here. Many webpages I am trying to visit give me the SECURITY :: cirtificate expired nag. After dealing with it for two days I went to the next screen and downloadd the cirtificate because it looked valid and all the names on it checked out when I searched. Now I cant even open Google or my Google homepage. It just sort of sits there and flashes at the top of IE. I also get a similar nag when I open OE. (all three of these are attached in order mentioned just in case they are needed.
    The thing is, after I searched around I found a couple articles blaming this issue on Verisign. I guess my question is A) can I undo whtever it is that's preventing me to get to Google and B) is there a way to get around this?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

You might try reinstalling Internet Explorer.

If you're using Windows XP - Click Here:
    How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP (MSKB Article Q318378)

This article describes how to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP. You may have to do this if you are having problems with Internet Explorer or Outlook Express because of damaged files, missing registration information, etc.

Important: After you use the procedures in this article, you must reinstall any updates to Windows XP again. To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the Microsoft Windows Update Web site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds