XP HOME install problems.

Discussion in 'Software' started by pompste, Nov 7, 2006.

1. pompste

pompste Private First Class

Hi.i installed a new copy of windows xp home today and it did`nt pick up the following items which are installed on my pc which is brand new and has the latest technology.
    ETHERNET
    AUDIO
    PRINTERS

I can`t get online until xp home knows i have ethernet.
    So how is it possible to get xp home to pick up the necessary items listed?

Thank you for any information.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Use another computer, to download your drivers.

Or use the drivers that came with that computer (or motherboard). :)

3. pompste

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

So, no driver cds came with the computer? Odd.

What is your computer make and model?

5. pompste

It`s a SYSTEMAX VENTURE HU2----Made in usa.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

What is the serial number of your computer?

Or, you can do it yourself:

Go here:

http://www.systemaxpc.com/support.php

click on the support button, a popup window will appear, type in serial number, press go. To get to your drivers. :)

7. pompste

HJi,i convinced my wife to uninstall xp home and install VISTA RC2.This install was ready to go right away------it automatically downloaded every single driver we needed during the install. We were online instantly.
    When it goes for sale for public release, we will get a copy------very pleasant looking operating system.
    Thanks for trying to help.

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

No problem. XP came out 5 years ago, so some of the newer hardware drivers are not built into the system.

Vista, which is newer, and is what I've been running on my home system, has a newer driver database built into it. Not flawless, since HP drivers have issues, and creative driver issues.

I'll be buying it also, probably home premium, unless MS can list what added features that ultimate will have, besides the current publicly available features.

As in: Windows ultimate extras. :)

Btw, what is your Windows Experience index number? Mine is 3.6 :(

9. pompste

Mine is 3.1---whatever that means.

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

Click the link next to the number "Windows experience index". It will explain the details a bit.

Basically vista telling you your system performance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds