Firefox Quick Time RealPlayer

Discussion in 'Software' started by offstride, Sep 16, 2009.

1. offstride

offstride Private E-2

Here is my situation. I want to view video on Firefox. It comes up in this small window. Can I use RealPlayer as a choice to view video or make Quick Time bigger?

Windows98. Firefox 2.0.0.20. Mozilla/5.0. Always trust Major Geeks.

Warren

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

depends on the format, but it sounds that you just have quicktime as the default player. open up your preferred video player, and go to the options/preferences and find something about default player for various formats (.mpg, .avi, etc. )

3. noprob

noprob Corporal

I just recently upgraded to firefox 3.5 myself as the version you are using is not as secure.

Here is the link to addons for firefox. (24 pages) using video as the search query.

You can locate an older version of what you desire to use/install or upgrade to firefox 3.5

Also I might add I prefer to use an older version of VLC ( vlc-0.8.6i-win32.exe ) to view just about any format of video on my computer that I have downloaded.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

noprob, the OP runs Win98; FF v3 is not supported in that operating system.
    I think you might be able to get it to run but it requires either an addon, tweaking or a combo of the two.

5. offstride

offstride Private E-2

I bit the bullet. Broke down and got a new box with XP. The time had come. Thanks folks for your help. I will be back. Always trust Major Geeks.

Warren

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Congratulations. You won't be sorry. You will love XP's plug and play compared to 98's search for drivers for any new piece of hardware you want to connect by USB.

8. samtal

samtal Corporal

9. offstride

offstride Private E-2

This is why I come here. You folks always point me in the right direction and don't spank my *** for being stupid. The box I got I thought was clean. De-Crapifier told me different. Always trust MajorGeeks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds