Can't Delete Empty Folder Within Empty Folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by chetcope, Mar 21, 2005.

1. chetcope

chetcope Private E-2

Hi there: I have a set of empty folders within empty folders...I have not been able to delete them (I get a message that it's not empty though there are 0 bytes),

When I drill down to the final 'empty' folder inside (it's 8th folders deep)--the point where I can't go any further--the usual options from the context menu don't appear. Delete etc. does not work there.

I can move the folder (s) to another location in MyDoc's but I can't do anything else.

Running WinXP Home

I have tried Delete Dr and Delete the Undeletable, but they recognize files--not folders

Any help?

Thanks

Chet in NY

2. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

Do you have showing of hidden files enabled, there could be files in there that are hidden and that is why you can't see anything, or does it tell you that the folders are empty in the tooltip menu? Open a window, at the top, click "tools", select "folder options" at bottom of menu, click on the "view" tab, and in there will be a folder icon "Hidden files and folders", second folder down, will have two options, select "show hidden files and folders". Then check the folders for anything and post back.

3. chetcope

chetcope Private E-2

I had made sure hidden files were enabled before (Do you recommend leaving them that way 24/7?).

I checked again just now. Files are not Hidden--applied it to the whole PC.

I can find no more info.

(Not sure what you are refering to as 'the tool tip' menu though).

The next to last folder yields a note that the file is not empty (seems to refer to the last (empty) folder. See the attached jpg snapshot.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Try booting in Safe Mode and deleting the folder, see if it allows you that way...

5. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

(Not sure what you are refering to as 'the tool tip' menu though).

not sure what it's called, but when you move your pointer over the folder and it says "Folder is empty", double clicker s might have to single click it. Right clicking should get you info? properties and such. :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds