Realtek no audio issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by wassimk, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wassimk

wassimk Private First Class

Hi guys,

I have a very weird and annoying problem....

anyway, i am at a user's pc, windows xp/SP2 ... M/B is DG31PR so u can imagine what the rest of chipset are...

i have the thing with the sound, its Realtek.

The Status Quo:

The Realtek HD Manager software starts, and when i press on play to test the speakers for example...i get a sound! but the sound in control panel says no sound card available....( this really troubles me)

In device manager...no items with exclamation mark....so its under the illusion that all goes well (troubles me as well)...

Here's what steps i did:

I downloaded and installed the driver software from intel, i get the install realtek hd audio driver failure error code: 0xe0000227

I googled it, checked things out, located and downloaded the neeeded exec about the KB888111, it told me that it was done, i pressed finish...and still the problem persists...can not install it, same error.

I am really stuck here....not knowing where to move next, the hardware obviously functions sicne its answering the hd manager, and sound IS coming out.... but all other software like media player can not locate it, and the sound in control panel says no hardware...(but in the hardware tab it says Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus) )

hmmmmmmmmm what else? i guess thats about it.

Please help, oh and format is not an option as the pc has software where S/N and license info can not be found in case of format....(and i will really look dumb top format coz of a sound problem hehe)

thnx a million
    Wassim

2. wassimk

oh and the windows audio service is running normally....

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First make sure the chipset is installed:
    Chipset: INF Update Utility for Intel® Desktop Boards
    Then try you audio driver install again:
    [FONT=Arial,helvetica]Audio: Realtek* ALC Audio Driver
    [/FONT]or use this one:
    Realtek High Definition Audio for 2K\XP\03
    [FONT=Arial,helvetica]
    Now check Device Manager>Sounds, Video, and Game Controllers again.
    Is Realtek HD audio installed?
    Are there any other ATI, MS WDM, or HD drivers listed there?
    Look under System Devices. Is the MS UAA Bus driver installed?
    Is there an unknown PCI device?

Check: Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices:
    Check in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Volume tab.
    Make sure the box for placing the volume icon in the task bar is checked.
    Click Advanced in Device Volume area.
    Make sure that you have Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth, and CD Player all listed in the Control. Make sure none are muted and the volumes are at a listenable level.
    If not there, click Options>Properties and mark the boxes for them.
    Click Advanced in the Speaker Settings area.
    Make sure that the speaker type you use is selected.
    Check the Audio tab.
    See if your sound device is listed in the Sound Playback Default Device list.
    Check the Hardware tab.
    See if sound device is listed in the list. If it is make sure it is enabled.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment.
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Now come back here to your thread.
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box (near the bottom of the page), scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box.

[/FONT]

4. wassimk

Ok i am downloading everest at the moment, will be posting the full report....thnx its a great tool makes communication easier with the forum.
    about the rest of stuff....i did this step that u said as well, the downloads were done today from intel website, so they have to be upd2date....thought of the inf and did it after posting (sorry for not mentioning it as update to my case)
    am just headesking at the moment....this is really getting on my nerves hehe

5. wassimk

oh great! i cant use everest bcy the users pc is member of a domain (removing it from domain would be a real pain coy of all software and stopping her work while am getting replies n what not...)
    any ideas? is there a version of the corporate edition that i can use?

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. wassimk

i will try them tomorrow since now am logged in from home (the case is at work...)
    any further tips u can come up with knowing the stage that we got to so far?

8. wassimk

ok please find below the result of advisor, the pc wizard i had a problem...couldnt export a report (whenever i click on save, it gives me a small text , not the whole thing...)

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I don't see any software that might be conflicting with the audio driver.
    We have the right drivers chosen for that system.
    I need you to answer these questions:
    [FONT=Arial,helvetica]In Device Manager>Sounds, Video, and Game Controllers..
    Is Realtek HD audio installed without problems?
    Are there any other ATI, MS WDM, or HD drivers listed there?
    Look under System Devices. Is the MS UAA Bus driver installed? ( it might be called HD Audio Controller)
    Is there an unknown PCI device?
    [/FONT]

You might try this. It usually works.

1) In Device Manager, remove the High Definition audio device (or the unknown device, if there is one) under Sound, Video & Game controllers.
    2) Go into Device Manager>System, right click the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver.
    Disable the device and then uninstall it. (Do not re-boot yet)
    3) Uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (you may just have a folder that says Realtek) through Add/Remove Programs (if it's installed but not working)
    KB888111
    In Add/Remove Programs, look for the KB888111 update and uninstall it. (It may have uninstalled in last step)
    If you install, remove, and then re-install this update, the update is no longer listed in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    Therefore, you cannot remove this update from your computer.
    To work around this problem, follow these steps.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP2\KB888111 (may be in SP3)
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    4. Click Yes, and then exit Registry Editor.
    Run CCleaner, both the Cleaner and Registry.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html
    Reboot, but don't let Windows install the driver.
    Install your driver, then reboot, again.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_Hi...P03_d4902.html
    The UAA should be contained in this download.

10. wassimk

answering your question before trying recommended testing steps:

11. wassimk

ok as i am starting with the testing steps, it wouldnt let me delete or uninstall the realtek HD audio under sounds.... in Device manager...saying that this device could be required to boot up the computer.

12. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try disabling it, rebooting, then uninstalling it.

This is another way:
    Disable the UAA.
    Then install the Realtek drivers, then go back and delete the UAA drivers
    (it won’t allow you to do this until you have installed the Realtek drivers) and do a restart

13. wassimk

will do tomorow and let u know , annoying part is the whole time zone difference...am making this person get off her desk at the end of the working hours coz thats when ur online to answer :D

so thnx a million, and tmrw will update u (wish me luck)

14. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Yeah, the time zones do hamper some. LOL
    Where are you at? I can try to get on, a little more near your times.

15. wassimk

am in Lebanon, time right now is 9 pm , i think am gmt + 3 if not mistaken... (or was it +2?....god these daylight savings always confuse me hehe)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds