Blaster

Discussion in 'Software' started by barry r, Sep 4, 2003.

1. barry r

barry r Private E-2

Hiya gang. I have tried to down load the service pack from Microsoft to udate and protect me from BLASTER but as the file is so large and I'm on dialup mdem I get disconnected before competion (two hours) . As may be obvious I am desperate to get protection but how. Another small prob are the boxes with red cross instead of pics. I know I can right click and "show pics" and I have cleared Temp internet files I have also tried "control panel and advanced" but still no luck. Any got any suggestions . Also tried by the way Microsoft them selves but had no response let alone suggestions. Majorgeeks to the rescue PLEASE. barry r

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Hi, barry from Birmingham! Welcome!

One possibly useful suggestion:

Go to Windows Update and run the scan. Then write down (or better yet, save and print out) the list of critical updates for your machine. Then look at the left-side sidebar, where you'll see a live blue link to the Windows Update Catalog of all available updates.

If you use the catalog, you can look up each fix you need and download one or two at a time to install later. That means the only ones you'll have to stay online to download are the interactive ones or any that are not available for download and later installation. Using your printed list and the catalog should make shorter downloading sessions possible.

You could get a lot of files in short sessions, stack 'em up on your hard drive, refer to your list for the dates (it's a good idea to install them in order, oldest first, newest last, because some build on others), and go.

Sound workable?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

KB823980 installs without SP1.

Its small enough to fit on a floppy.

4. tleewade

tleewade Private E-2

usb thumb drive

i went to my friends house he had a usb thumb drive. igot on line down loaded the program to get virus out of machine and the patch ' went home pluged in to usb port . cleaned and patched worked great . his usb was 256 mb . iwent to stapales . that day and bought a 128 mb for 39.95. worth the money . holds a lot more than afloppy.:D :D

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Yup, I love my thumb drive :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds