How to save data when WinME won't see CDRW or Ext HDD?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gogie1, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogie1

gogie1 Private E-2

I have a DELL Dimension 4100 that will only boot into Windows ME in Safe Mode. I need to save about 4GB of data so I can reload Windows, but the CDRW drive won't see any disks and does not show as an available device. I bought an 80GB Fantom USB drive hoping that would do the trick. Problem is, WinME won't recognize the USB drive in Safe Mode. I can't load the Fantom drivers because the CD Drive won't read!!

What is the best method of saving the 4GB of data knowing that the CDRW and an external USB drive don't read in the computer's current situation (Safe Mode only)? HELP, please...Thanks =) :)

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds