Advanced Windows Care

Discussion in 'Software' started by redryder, May 22, 2007.

1. redryder

redryder Private First Class

I just installed "Advanced Windows Care". It seems to be a great little tool, but I have a question I hope someone can help me with.I can't get e-mail help with the free version. When I get the scan results, I get LOTS of cookies. I have them blocked, but how do I completely get rid of them? My browser is supposed to delete them when I exit and I have another tool that is supposed to get rid of them. Advanced Windows Care is the first tool to dig up these cookies, so it must be doing its job, but it seems to me that there should be a way of getting rid of these cookies deleting them as they are placed on my computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Red

2. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Have you tried CCleaner to get rid of your cookies? Just run it whenever you want the cookies cleared, should work as it does for me.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

If you dont want to accept cookies, there may be an option to do it in your browser. I use firefox and you can choose not to accept cookies at all. This can be a bad thing however as a lot of sites wont work. Even MGs wouldnt work without cookies I dont think? As I think it places one in your computer when you sign in.

A2 AntiMalware is a paid for realtime virus/spyware program, this has the option to block all tracking cookies if you want it too. There may be a free program that does similar, however you may need these cookies too on some sites I think.

Read this also (at the bottom The Truth About Cookies bit)...
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25834

Hope this helps ;)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cookies are not dangerious or harmful and are a necessity of life on the internet, without them you no surf, so really dont be worried about them at all, sadly some applications highlight these tracking cookies as harmful and well has the result of scaring the user into thinking they have malware, Ad-aware is another app that does this.

What browser do you have as I cannot remember seeing a setting in IE to do this, its manual deletion only http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 , there is a setting to auto delete temp internet files on exit, but cookies are not stored their. ( if their is a setting I'm blind as a bat and sorry )

Opera I know will delete new cookies on Exit.

I dont use Firefox 2 so dont know its settings but I do run Minefield aka Firefox 3 adn it also has settings to delete cookies on exit, once setup.

But if your using IE then I tend to use this app when I wish to clear temps and cookies up http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html at the end of PCs daily usage.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

/\ hahahaha!@edit ;) /\

5. redryder

redryder Private First Class

Thanks Guys, I use Firefox 2 and have it set to delete cookies when I close it. It just supprised me was Advanced Windows Care finding all of these cookies after they should have been deleted. Guess no harm done, so will leave them alone because I realize some are needed. Thanks again.
    Red

6. wzb3

wzb3 Private E-2

I've been using both Crap Cleaner and Advanced Systemcare Pro on my laptop. So far, no problems. But just to be safe, I'll see if using only one (ASP) will keep my old Dell humming.:) Thanks for all your posts, this is a helpful site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds