Wine can go in shock?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, May 25, 2007.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, my new job is at a wine and liquor store. We just got in a 500 case shipment of wine. Yeah, that was fun. So, we don't sell it for 2 weeks because of 'bottle shock'. My thinking is that it is a closed environment, and it should be ready to sell.

But it seems I am wrong. Now my boss knows wine. He has traveled around the world trying wine, if you could get a PHD in wine, he has one.

And Google seems to agree http://www.grapevinecottage.com/Pages/AR_Bottle Shock.html

So know you know a new term, and don't drink a wine that has recently taken a long trip...

E

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I'll take a case, bottle shock or not.:D

Never heard of it though...interesting.

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Congratulations on the new job, sounds interesting and no I did not know about bottle shock either, learn something new everyday here :)

4. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Accidentaly 'damage' a bottle now then taste it. In 2 weeks, do the same and taste. Then you will find out if it really matters! :D

5. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Dang it Fred now I have to drink all the Wine in my Cellar tonight, just in caseLOLLOL

PS I'll tell "She who must be obeyed" that is was all your fault toooo:eek

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Interesting idea. I wanted to buy a bottle and drink it the day they came in, then buy the same wine when it hit the shelves, but did not have the cash to do so.

Any ideas on how to simulate a trip from California to Louisiana?

E

7. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

Does that include wine products too?? If so I have to go home in the moring and finish off all that Boone's Farm I have in the fridge :)

~C

PS: No, I don't, but I do have a couple bottles in there, a red, a chardonay and a blush... oh yeah and a couple white zins and a riesling or 2 as well :)

8. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Yea just run Old "Arnold" movies in front of the wine for three days non stop, that should do it FredLOLLOL

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I don't know how you are getting the idea to drink a bunch of wine and then blame me for it...:D I was just passing on the info to not buy a wine that has recently taken a long trip.

Of course, drinking wine is always a good thing, I think I will open one up Sunday and Monday also, just found out I get Monday off with pay! Not bad, a day off with pay when I have only worked there for a week!

Got a ton to learn. Hey, we got snails in a can. Now why the hell would you buy a can of snails... No way in hell I am eating snails. Call me uncultured, stupid, I don't care. I am not eating snails. We have canned octipus(sp) not eating that either.

I will try the wine, the other stuff... ahh, no.

E

Last edited: May 26, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds