favorites directly above address bar?

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkhorizon, Jun 12, 2003.

1. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

this should be a fairly quick question:

just 2 nights ago i had to format due to a virus (worm Hybris) and there is something i had on my old computer i cant get back to the way it was. directly above the address bar was a favorites bar i had, it was a toolbar. for the life of me i can't remember how i got it there. when i go to toolbar customization, there is no option to add the favorites bar, was this maybe a registry hack that i had?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

not sure man, I know there's a links bar but I've never seen a favorites bar.

MyIE2 has a favorites bar. It sits "on top" of IE and uses all of the same favorites. Might be worth checkin out.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1244

3. lesrae

lesrae Private E-2

Was it a favourites bar or a links bar? You can add a links bar that allows you to drag'n'drop URLs to it, or add them via a menu. What OS/Browser have you got?

4. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

no it was most definitely the favorites bar, not the links, i'm using internet explorer 6 and windows 98

5. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Agree with Kodo that I've not seen a Favorites toolbar. However, you can get a favorites toolbar on the Explorer Bar by View/Explorer Bar/Favorites but you can't drag/drop it to the main toolbars.

It wasn't something like Hotbar (spit spit) or some other add-on, e.g., Google search bar, Yahoo Companion?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds