XP Doesn't See Ethernet Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by spirittoo, Mar 25, 2012.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:wave Hi everybody .... at ease men:major .... I have a linksys lne 100tx ethernet card .... I went here (go to downloads ver. 5.1) and got the driver, but when I tell windows exactly were it is it tells me it can't install the hardware because windows can't find the software! What the heck is going on?:confused I just don't get it myself ... if should install the driver ... anyone know what I can do to get it to see the software so I can get online and finish my fresh install?rolleyes

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

You have to unzip the file you downloaded. Look for a folder called XP ( its in the Drivers folder) and place it on the desktop in an admin account.

Edit: I think you have done this already,correct?

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

:waveYes I tried that earlier and it did not work, so what I did was when into the bios and disabled the onboard Lan ... didn't even know I had it ... my back plate is covering it ... once done window was able to find the software. I when into add new hardware. The ethernet was not listed when I told it the hardware was already installed. I had to go through the usual method when using the add remove hardware. :-D

Thanks for the post :)

PROBLEM SOLVED

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Great Job. Thanks for the feedback.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds